Thanks for the contributors to Librarians’ Day – 2017, received overwhelming response (Papers were presented during ADINET seminar)
On behalf of Mrs. Rhoda Bharucha, Hon’Director, ADINET, and Dr. A.V. Thomas, Director, Adani Institute of Infrastructure (AII) Ahmedabad, I extend my heartfelt thanks for your active participation in the recently concluded Librarians’ Day Seminar & 125th Birthday Celebrations of Dr. S.R. Ranganathan, Father of Library Science held on August 12, 2017 (Saturday) at Adani Institute of Infrastructure.
Librarians' Day - 2017
ADINET in collaboration with Adani Institute of Infrastructure will be celebrating the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. S. R. Ranganathan as Librarians’ Day by holding a Seminar on, Saturday 12, August 2017 at the Adani Institute of Infrastructure (AII) Campus. ADINET and Adani Institute of Infrastructure have pleasure in inviting you to register, contribute papers and participate in the Librarians’ Day celebration.
Dr. S. R. Ranganathan
About Dr. S.R. Ranganathan
Dr. Siyali Ramamrita Ranganathan (August 12, 1892 – September 27, 1972) was a mathematician and renowned library information scientist in our country. He is recognized and remembered as the ‘Father of Library Science in India’ and widely known throughout the rest of the world for his work in the field of library and information science. His most notable contributions to the field were his five laws of library science and the development of the first major analytico-synthetic classification system and the colon classification. The Government of India bestowed on him the Rao Sahib Award and also awarded him the Padmashri in 1957 for his valuable contributions to library and information science. In his honour, India celebrates S.R.R.’s birthday as the ‘National Librarians’ Day’.
- To discuss, debate and develop strategies to manage libraries in the future
- To bring together library professionals to celebrate Librarians’ Day and exchange their innovative ideas and best practices to developed or adopted by various libraries
- To learn information assessment skills and data management skills to make strategic plans for providing quality information to users.
- To establish the collaboration and partnership with others libraries to provides community services
- Discuss and debate roles that libraries can play in the sister-libraries partnership and the industry-library aid
- Library and information science professionals from the Academic and Corporate sectors
- Library, information centres and knowledge management professionals
- LIS students and research scholars
- Archivists, Educationists and Policy Makers
- Publishers, information intermediaries and vendors
- Seminar Date:
Saturday, August 12, 2017
- Deadline for Registration Extended:
Saturday, July 22, 2017Monday, July 31, 2017
- Submission of Full Papers:
June 30, 2017
- Decision Acceptance of Papers:
July 5, 2017
Date & Venue
Saturday, August 12, 2017
Auditorium, Adani Institute of Infrastructure (AII), Shantigram Township, Nr. Vaishnodevi Circle, SG. Highway, Ahmedabad 382421, Gujarat
ADINET is providing transport facilities from AMA (Ahmedabad Management Association) and Kalupur Railway Station. The delegates who wish to avail the bus facilities are requested to inform us your name and mobile number immediately via email. Click here to view the Bus Schedule